Sunday, January 23, 2011

Portland: Where we go to retire



Just kidding! We’re going to grad school! So I arrived in Portland after a ridiculous journey from Lima (all I have to say is DO NOT FLY AreoMexico or through Mexico under any circumstances!!!) to LA, then to Portland. I arrived at our new home where we are subletting for a couple of months and was greeted by Ben who showed me around. The new roomies are super nice and generous, Ben even set up a bed for me! Allison is our other roommate and she told me to drink all the coffee and tea I wanted and made me feel super comfortable.
Since then I have been trying to catch up with friends while setting up some things. I bought an IPhone and a bed. Actually two beds, the first one wouldn’t fit down the stairs so the guy had to take it back. I have been deathly ill (stomach pain) so I haven’t been able to indulge in all the tasty things I have been missing, but when Dan gets here I’m sure we’ll go crazy.
I am so excited about Dan arriving tomorrow, he is now in Pennsylvania collecting all our things and visiting his peeps. I know he will be excited about our lovely home and mild weather. After the initial reunification shock and joy, we will get started on finding jobs and enrolling in classes. Hopefully things go smoothly!

1 comment: