Monday, April 12, 2010

Gone

So Dan and I went to Seoul this weekend with the express purpose of going to Everland. Everland is a fairly small amusement park with some rides, some animals and a lot of things for kids (of course). I’ve been there before and I had a good time, so I figured Dan and I could get our adrenaline fix, get outta town and have some good wholesome fun! We took the city bus from Seoul (Gangnam Station Exit 6 Bus 5002), we had to wait about 45 minutes for it. Then we had an hour long bus ride. We finally arrived about 1pm. Fist we went for the biggest, baddest ride. It’s a wooden roller coaster with a pretty scary drop. Awesome. Then we ate some crap (churros and pizza rolls) and went for the other roller coaster. It was a good time as well. The weather was perfect for me (overcast, a little chilly, even raining a little) and we walked around looking at the sad animals and the hundreds of small happy children not in school for the day.

Then we decided to go on the rock and roll ride. It is like a big swing with one row of seats on either side. It rocks and flips you over. They specifically tell you to not have ANYTHING in your pockets or on you, even shoes that might come off. Right in front of the ride there are small lockers to put your things. No one besides the people who are actually on the ride can access them. I was stupid and put my new Cannon camera in the lockers and when I got off the ride, even though I RUSHED to get it, it was GONE. I kept looking, even though I knew it had been stolen, and the guy running the ride came over. He helped me look then they held up the whole ride for a few minutes, looking. I went into the control booth, and they got someone on the phone who knew English. I told her what happened and she said if it was turned in, she would call me. Well, I knew that wasn’t happening.

We went on one more ride, walked around some more, then at about 7:30pm we went to the lost and found and customer service to check again. The woman I had talked to previously was there. Obviously no one turned it in. Dan asked if there was anything Everland would do for us, considering they didn’t do a very good job of keeping my camera safe. She gave us back our entrance fee (62,000 won) and free souvenirs worth about 30,000 won. Not my 340,000 won I just spent on my camera, but it was the best she could do. She was super nice and it wasn’t her fault, so I was just happy they gave us our entrance fee back.

We went back to Seoul, stopped by the foreigner market and had a delicious Mexican dinner at Dos Amigos, which I think has made me fat over Dan's constant reminders that I'm anything but. Then we headed to the bus terminal to get the midnight bus back to Gwangju. Seriously, I HATE the EXPRESS BUS TERMINAL. We took the subway there, and when we got there I remembered that last time I had done that, I got really confused, and it took forever to find the Gwangju ticket office and gate. Well, the same thing happened this time and it took us 20 minutes to figure out that the Gwangju gate is in a totally separate building; actually the MALL and we missed the midnight bus. Luckily, there was a one o’clock bus, so we hopped on that. It was a quick ride (2 hours 50 minutes) and we were back in the Ju. Had a very relaxing Sunday with cleaning, bowling, a movie and golf.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there...I think you are handling the lost Canon camera fiasco so well. I know I could not...I'd be steaming in my own juice and angry...hell, I am steaming in my own juice and angry for you. Very mature on your part. Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment Susan! I threw a small fit right when I realized it was gone, then I almost cried. But after a minute I remembered it's just a camera. A nice, new, expensive camera, but still. No one died, life is still good. I just hope the person who stole it REALLY enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete